Monday 8 June 2015

Life Update


In the last few months my life has changed drastically. To start with, on the 31st of May I became an official adult. I turned the grand old age of 18 and of course I celebrated by getting really drunk with all my family and friends whilst dressed and the Queen of Hearts, because if I can't wear a cape and a crown on at my 18th birthday party when can I?!

Another was the very stressful and emotion decision not to go to university. After looking at various different uni's at the end of my first year at college I thought it was for me. Unfortunately I didn't get as good of a grade at AS level in the subject I wanted to study at uni. So I began the search into other courses, still unsure of what I wanted to do in life. I have never been one of those people that has known what they have wanted to do from the age of 10 and stuck with it. However my mum had been. Her dream was to be a nurse and she achieved her dream and became one of the higher nurse working at a trust that spans three hospitals.

After many hours of trailing through UCAS and being nagged by my tutor at college to start my personal statement, I stumbled across and foundation degree that looked interesting, hands on and most importantly different to everything else; Live Events Production. In short, it was the technical and managerial side of working backstage at concert, festivals and well, live events. However after applying, going for open days and interviews, I was offered a condition place, so essentially if I got the grades I needed in my A levels I was in. Great! Only it wasn't. The longer I spent at college, working part time and being left alone with my own thoughts, I was becoming more aware that I was done with education. My time being sat in a lesson was coming to an end and that I would rather be earning money to finance the things I really wanted to be doing in life. Moving out into my own place, becoming more independent and my biggest dream; to explore the world with my camera. Luckily for me, my parents and the rest of my family were all very supportive with my decision not to go to uni.

Telling my parents came through lots of tears from me and a little help from my big sister. But honestly once I had told them, it was the biggest weight lifted of my shoulders and I felt like the next chapter of my life can start. I have only last exam to sit on 19th of June then I will be done with college forever. I have made some of the greatest friends whilst at college and had some great memories and don't regret that time in my life. However I'm glad that it is over and I can begin the rest of my life and I hope to bring you along with me.

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment